Words: Brad Trites
Photo: Patrick Dell
Top Truck Camper Beach Camping Spots in North America
One of the advantages of owning a truck camper is the ability to camp in locations that are not always possible in other type of RVs. Camping on the beach is one of those places that are ideal for truck camper owners. There are many great places for beach camping, or camping near a spectacular sandy beach, in a truck camper in North America so to help you get started planning your next truck camper beach adventure, here are a few suggested locations:
- Baja California, Mexico – With miles of pristine beaches and warm waters, Baja California is a popular spot for truck camper beach camping. Many of the beaches offer free camping, and there are plenty of spots to park your truck camper.
- Cape Lookout National Seashore, North Carolina – This undeveloped barrier island on the Atlantic Ocean is a great place for beach camping. There are three primitive campgrounds that can be accessed by vehicle, and you can camp right on the beach with your Northern Lite truck camper.
- Padre Island National Seashore, Texas – This 70-mile stretch of beach on the Gulf of Mexico is a popular spot for beach camping. There are five campgrounds that can accommodate truck campers, and you can camp right on the beach. This is one of our favorites and based on the many pictures sent in to us, a favorite of other Northern Lite truck camper owners.
- Olympic National Park, Washington – This park has two beaches that allow vehicle camping: Kalaloch and Mora. Both have campsites that are just a short walk from the beach. Yes, you are not right on the beach but the walk is worth it. Such a stunning location!
- Assateague Island National Seashore, Maryland/Virginia – This barrier island on the Atlantic Ocean is famous for its wild horses. There are two campgrounds that can accommodate truck campers, and you can camp right on the beach.
- Long Beach, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada – With over 10 miles of sandy beach, Long Beach is a great place for beach camping in Canada. There are several campgrounds in the area that can accommodate truck campers.
- Florida Keys, Florida – The Florida Keys offer some of the best truck camper beach camping in the United States. There are several campgrounds that can accommodate truck campers, and you can camp right on the beach.
Remember to always check the rules and regulations for each location before planning your trip, and practice Leave No Trace principles to help preserve these beautiful beaches for future generations.