Upper Stableloads on a Sierra/Silverado 3500 DRW?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Clayton Cole
    Participant

My question is specific to the GMC Sierra/Silverado 3500 DRW and am looking for folks with experience with that truck and a Northern-Lite. I have a 2022 NL 10-2LE on a 2021 GMC Sierra 3500HD DRW. Wondering about the advisability of adding upper Stableloads. The truck carries the NL well, with just a bit of side-to-side sway. When not loaded, the upper overload springs on the rear of the truck are not engaged (with about 1.5 inch clearance). When loaded, the overload springs are engaged. If I install upper Stableloads, I expect the overload spring will always be engaged, even when the truck is not loaded. Is it advisable to add upper Stableloads in an effort to reduce sway just a bit? Will they make the truck too stiff when not loaded?

Dale Hardy
    Participant

Clayton, I’m not sure if this will be helpful because I have a Silverado LTZ 3500 SRW standard bed with the 8-11 LE, but FWIW, Kieth at NL said the hot setup they recommended is upper Stableloads with air bags. And of course not just the air bags because as you probably know, if you level your rig with them then your overloads probably won’t be engaged which would not be good. With my camper on, my bump stops were well down on the overloads (which was actually a bit of a surprise). So it made sense to me to try just the upper Stableloads first and hope for the best. I just had them installed and should be picking the rig up within a few days, and am hoping that I get enough lift in the back to be able to forgo air bags, we’ll see. If not, I guess I’ll bite the bullet (again) and add the air bags.
    Again, I know we have different trucks and campers, but I think the Stableload/air bag approach to both is reasonable.
    HTH.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account